Clean the kitchen– Sodium bicarbonate is a product that has many applications in the home. One of the best known and popular is related to cleaning because it acts as an abrasive. Or natural exfoliate, being very useful to remove even the most resistant stains. The kitchen is one of the most used sites for the many appliances and utensils that have to be left clean. And because it is an area that often gets very dirty due to the food we cook.
Clean the kitchen sink and counter top with baking soda
The sink and counter top or counter top are two of the areas of the kitchen that get dirty. Because they leave many plates, pots, cutlery and pans with which the small remains of food are deposited.
To this it is added that, normally, they usually have humidity because the taps are opened and closed continuously and the dishes are left wet. This means that, if you are not careful, some annoying and unsightly spots appear, which are also very bad for your health.
These can be oils, fats, small remains of food and even rust. These stains, especially those of rust, can be difficult to remove, but they are not resistant to bicarbonate. How is it cleaned? It’s very easy, take note of how to clean the kitchen sink and counter top with baking soda :
- Grab some baking soda. The amount will depend on the surface you are going to clean, try to start with 4 tablespoons and you’ll see if you need more or less on.
- Add water depending on the amount of bicarbonate you are going to use. For the amount we have said can serve 3 or 4 tablespoons of water, but again you will have to adjust the amount as you see. Thinking that the result should be a paste and not liquid.
- Mix both parts until it is created as a paste.
- Rub with this mixture the sink, with the help of a brush or scourer. Affecting the area where the rust spots are.
- Rinse with plenty of water to remove all traces of bicarbonate.
- Dry well with a cloth or cloth.
If with this cleaning have still been some spots, do not despair because there is a solution. The trick is to use lemon and baking so as to clean the kitchen thoroughly.
- Squeeze a lemon
- Spread the lemon juice over the stain.
- Wait around 30 minutes for him to act.
- Put a little bicarbonate on the area without removing the lemon juice previously.
- Rub the stain with both ingredients.
- Rinse with plenty of water, dry and ready.
Another problem that usually arise in this part of the kitchen, especially if it is very dirty, is that the drains are clogged.
The best advice- Clean the kitchen sink and counter top with baking
The bicarbonate is also useful for cleaning accessories and items that are usually used in the kitchen such as pots, pans or dishes. The pots or pans with spots that appear by the use when being in contact with the fire. Or because they have burned our food, are not a problem. To clean the pots with baking, follow these steps:
- Mix the baking soda with water.
- Wait until you act for an hour and a half or two hours at the most.
- Remove the mixture.
- Finish removing the stain with the help of a spatula to finish with the remains that remain.
The pans are another of the objects in which, usually, you have to rub a lot to eliminate stains. However, if you use baking soda and vinegar to clean the pans in your kitchen. It is not necessary:
- Create a paste or thick solution with the mixture of water, vinegar and bicarbonate, so you will have to add more bicarbonate than the other liquid ingredients.
- Apply it on the area of the pan to be cleaned.
- Wait about 30 minutes to act.
- Finish cleaning the pan with a scourer, but without barely rubbing, and rinse well with water.
In the dishes and cups it is common that they also appear stains that are resistant because they have dried remains of food. Or because they have contained coffee or tea. You also have a simple solution with baking soda and water. You just have to fill the cup or the deep plate. And if it’s flat, spread out the mixture, and rub with the help of a scourer.
Clean baking dishes with baking soda
The kitchen plate, whether it is a hob or ceramic hob, can also be cleaned with baking soda, being very effective in removing grease. This is how you have to clean the stove with bicarbonate and vinegar :
- Mix bicarbonate with vinegar in equal parts.
- Mix well until you have a paste with both ingredients.
- Apply with the help of a paper napkin or a soft scrubbing pad, affecting the most dirty areas.
- If there are remains, remove them with a strip or spatula.
Once again pass a napkin soaked in vinegar and baking soda to remove all the remains and then go back to pass a napkin, cloth or damp cloth to remove all the dirt and these ingredients.
How to clean the microwave with baking
If you cook with the microwave or you heat already cooked foods. It is important to maintain a good cleaning. And the bicarbonate is still a good ally in this case. Follow these steps to clean the microwave with baking soda :
- Take a sponge that can act as a scourer, but do not scratch.
- Moisture it and add a little bit of baking soda on it.
- Pass this sponge inside and outside the microwave to remove the fat also from the outside.
- Rinse well with plenty of water and dry the interior and exterior completely.
How to clean the oven with baking
If there is a kitchen area that is the most fat and dirt tends to accumulate is the oven. If used often. As these spots are very resistant, to eliminate them. You must follow these instructions to clean the oven with baking soda :
- Spread water mixed with bicarbonate all over the oven.
- Close the oven door to let it act. It is better to do it at night so that the mixture is inside longer.
- Remove the water with bicarbonate after this time.
- Wipe a cloth with soap and water.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
How to clean kitchen tiles with baking soda and vinegar
Another part that gets dirty most in all kitchens is the wall, both the tiles themselves and the joints between them. To clean this part, we recommend using baking soda and vinegar to clean the kitchen tiles :
Mix these two ingredients equally. It should be a paste. So if you think it is something liquid add more bicarbonate.
- Wet a scouring pad or brush in this mixture and rub all parts well.
- Let this home remedy take effect for 20 minutes and then remove all the remains well.
- To remove it well, we recommend passing another mop, a damp cloth or cloth all over the surface.
With these tips, from we hope to have explained to you how to clean the kitchen with baking soda. If you have any questions. You can always consult the instructions that come with the appliances or consult with the experts in the stores.