Molds harm human health, and prolonged exposure can lead to symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, skin rash, and shortness of breath. This is especially true for people with asthma or other allergies.
Fungicide sprays aren’t enough when dealing with molds – you need professional mold removal services.
They Have the Right Equipment
Mold specialists use specialized equipment to clean the area and prevent it from returning. They also know how to properly dispose of the materials and sanitize the air in the home to kill any remaining spores.
Mold requires food, water, oxygen, and an ideal growing environment. Once those conditions are cut off, the fungi will remain dormant until they are given another opportunity to return.
Many people think they can remove mold by simply wiping it away. However, this method spreads the spores around, allowing them to return to other parts of the house. Instead, the mold specialist will identify the cause of the problem and find ways to eliminate it. They’ll even help you repair any damage that has already occurred.
They Have the Right Knowledge
Unlike homeowners, mold removal professionals have the educational background and hands-on experience to produce efficient results. They can identify underlying issues that cause mold, such as high humidity levels or water leaks, and recommend necessary steps to resolve them.
They can also provide other services such as general cleaning, air duct cleaning, radon mitigation, and biohazard cleanup in bundles to save you money and ensure all aspects of your home are taken care of. They can even offer advice on preventing future mold growth, such as regularly inspecting areas of the house that may be difficult for homeowners to reach.
Exposure to mold for long periods can harm your health, causing respiratory problems, skin rash, and other symptoms in some people. Leaving the problem untreated will only worsen it and cause more serious structural damage.
They Have the Right Experience
Mold professionals have the skills to safely and effectively remove mold from your home. They use special tools such as HEPA vacuums, air scrubbers, commercial-strength dehumidifiers, and plastic sheeting. They also know how to seal off the work area and use non-toxic cleaning products that won’t introduce additional toxins into your home.
Molds are dangerous to anyone, but they can be especially harmful to those with allergies and asthma. They can cause nasal congestion, runny nose, sneezing, skin rash, and eye irritation.
Molds require food, water, oxygen, and an ideal growing environment. Mold removal professionals will inspect your home for the conditions that allow mildew to grow and recommend solutions to prevent future growth. They will also address any underlying issues like leaks and moisture problems. In addition, if you have water damage from a burst pipe or plumbing fixture failure, you can also contact restoration services.
They Have the Right Tools
Mold professionals can help you with more than just cleaning up mold; they can also address the problem at its source. That means fixing leaks and correcting the humidity levels that can cause mold to grow.
They will seal off the work area and use fans to push out dirty air, preventing mold spores from spreading throughout your home. They can also test for mold before and after cleaning to ensure it is entirely removed. This is especially important when buying a house or property; you need hard proof of mold to negotiate the price.
Trying to clean up mold on your own can be dangerous. If you inhale mold spores, they can cause severe problems in your lungs and other body parts.
They Have the Right Equipment
Mold removal companies have all the right equipment to thoroughly clean and remediate a mold problems. They start by inspecting the property and conducting air and sample testing for mold presence, then using cleaning supplies to remove the mold. They can also correct the issues that caused the mold to grow in the first place, such as repairing leaks and limiting moisture buildup.
Mold removal equipment includes HEPA filters to keep spores from spreading during the cleanup process, negative air pressure machines, and antimicrobial treatments to kill any remaining spores. Some of this equipment is available at your local hardware store, while other items, such as air scrubbers and respirators, are more expensive. However, the proper equipment ensures a thorough job and prevents mold from returning.