The holidays are my favorite time of year. As soon as November hits, I’m busting out the Christmas decorations and going all out to make my home festive and fun. But while the living room and kitchen get most of the attention, I think the bathroom is an often overlooked space that’s perfect for some Christmas cheer. After all, guests will likely use your bathroom at some point during a holiday gathering. So why not spice it up with some creative Christmas decor? From a tree made of towels to a snowy window cling, there are tons of bathroom Christmas decor ideas to make your bathroom bright, beautiful, and bursting with yuletide spirit.
I’ll share my top tips and ideas for decking out your bathroom for Christmas. I aim to provide original and insightful information beyond the obvious. My goal is to engage and inspire you with unique decor concepts to make your bathroom a standout space this holiday season! Let’s jump in with some quick and easy bathroom Christmas decor ideas:
Hanging Towel Christmas Tree
This is one of my all-time favorite bathroom Christmas decor because it’s so simple. All you need are some festive holiday towels in green, red and white. Roll or fold them into the shape of a Christmas tree, securing with decorative ribbon or pins. Then hang your creation on the back of the bathroom door for a cute and cheery 3D tree!
Snowy Window Cling
Window clings are an easy way to add some seasonal style. Look for snowflake, snowman or winter forest designs to set the Christmas mood. Apply the static cling to the bathroom window for an instant dose of holiday charm. Tip: For an extra magical touch, add some battery-operated string lights around the window.
Festive Bath Mat
Ground your Christmas decor with a bold, themed bath mat. Red and green plaid or Santa and reindeer designs work perfectly. You can even get one with “Ho Ho Ho” or “Merry Christmas” printed right on it! Place the mat in front of the sink or tub to tie the whole holiday look together.
Now let’s dive into some more detailed bathroom Christmas decor views!
Rustic Farmhouse Bathroom
If you love the rustic farmhouse style, your bathroom decor can easily reflect that cozy and homey vibe for the holidays. Here are some tips:
– Wooden decor is a must! Look for wooden soap pumps, trays, tissue boxes and more in natural finishes. Or paint standard accessories brown for that wood look.
– Incorporate burlap and muslin fabrics. Use a burlap shower curtain, drape muslin over the mirror as a valance, or affix towels with muslin ribbon.
– Tuck mini trees, wooden trucks, or rustic houses into open shelves or cabinets for subtle holiday touches.
– Mason jars make great country-chic candleholders. Fill with pinecones, berries, and string lights.
– Outside vintage windows are perfect for a farmhouse bathroom. Apply frosted window cling and festive trim to set the winter scene.
– Red plaid and buffalo check patterns reads quintessential country Christmas. Use on towels, shower curtains, rugs and other linens.
With these down-home touches, your guests will feel like they just walked into a cozy, festive cabin!
Woodland Forest Bathroom
Bring the beauty of a peaceful wintry forest into your bathroom with these whimsical woodland decorating ideas:
– Use removable wallpaper or large wall decals to create a birch forest backdrop. Add sparkling snowflakes and cute woodland creatures.
– Drape strings of white fairy lights to resemble icicle lights dangling from tree branches. Outline the mirror, shelves or picture frames.
– Place pinecone soaps and wooden soap dishes by the sink for an earthy feel.
– Use white or silver candles of varying heights for a glittering wintry glow. Think birch logs, pine trees, and mountain peaks.
– Incorporate natural elements like pine sprigs, cinnamon sticks, and pinecones. Hang small wreaths of greens on the walls or cabinets.
– Set out fluffy white towels rolled to look like snow covered logs.
– Paint ceramic deer, owls, foxes, and other wildlife with faux snow effects. Group them atop shelves or in the windowsill.
With the magical look of snow-dusted forests and charming woodland friends, your bathroom oasis will feel Peaceful and serene.
Vintage Christmas Bathroom
Channel vintage holiday cheer with these retro-inspired bathroom christmas decor additions:
– Search thrift shops or garage sales for classic Christmas figurines and trinkets. Display them on open shelves or in glass-door cabinets.
– Dress up an old mirror with greenery garland and red velvet bows. Or hang festive fabric bunting across the top.
– Adorn walls with shiny tinsel garland and paper honeycomb balls for that nostalgic style.
– Line the shelves with old-fashioned Santa mugs, candy dishes, and nutcrackers.
– Affix glittery poinsettia decals of various sizes around the bathroom in bright retro color schemes.
– Use vintage postcards or ads as makeshift wall art. Hang in simple frames for a kitschy-cool addition.
– Incorporate old holiday tin containers to hold cotton balls, Q-tips, soaps, and other necessities.
– Don’t forget the classic color combo of bright retro red and pink. Use on towels, rugs, shower curtain and accessories.
With these cheerful vintage touches, your bathroom will provide a playful blast from Christmas past!
Glitzy Hollywood Glam Bathroom
Make your bathroom shine bright with these luxe and dramatic ideas inspired by Old Hollywood holiday glam:
– Hang an ornate gold frame mirror and accessorize with Christmas greenery and crystal embellishments.
– Drape strands of chunky jewel-toned beads in the doorway or across the top of the mirror.
– Style glass shelves with sparkly bottles of soaps, lotions and perfumes. Intermix with glitter candles, petite wreaths and poinsettias.
– Scatter a tray with glamorous glass Christmas ornaments, gold pinecones, and strands of pearls.
– Adhere Art Deco style snowflake and ornament decals in metallic champagne, silver, or gold.
– Wrap the base of glass shower candles with boas, strings of beads, or glittery ribbons.
– Fluff up towels and fold into bouffant shapes. Secure with rhinestone pins, silk corsages or brooches.
– Illuminate space with the warm glow of cascading fairy lights. Outline the mirror, cabinets, shelves and more.
With bold Christmas colors, sparkling accents, and striking textures your bathroom will emanate ritzy, glamorous style!
Snow-Capped Mountain Winter Bathroom
Bring the majesty of snow-capped peaks into your own bathroom with these winter wonderland decorating tips:
– Use white and silver towels, bath mats, shower curtains and accessories for a snowy color scheme.
– Hang white string lights behind frosted window clings to mimic glistening snow and ice.
– Paint the lower half of walls light blue, then fade to white near the ceiling to simulate sky and snowy mountains.
– Decorate the mirror to resemble a frozen lake, complete with snowbanks, evergreen trees and mini skaters.
– Arrange white candles of different heights on shelves to depict an icy mountain range.
– Fill the room with the fresh scents of pine, winter woods, and peppermint with essential oil diffusers and candles.
– Display nature-inspired art, like snowy owl paintings, silver birch prints, and pine photography.
– Incorporate cozy cabin vibes with knit throws, plush rugs, woven baskets and faux fur.
– Add winter greenery like frosted pinecones, snow dusted pine branches, and bare birch stems.
Enjoy breathtaking alpine views without leaving your bathroom! This frosty winter theme is perfect for lovers of fresh mountain air.
Here are some additional quick tips and ideas:
– Line the bathroom mirror frame with Christmas lights for twinkling ambiance.
– Hang bundles of red-and-white striped candy canes from the towel bar or shower caddy.
– Stick festive washi tape along the counter edges or mirror for a pop of holiday color
– Use winter-scented soaps like frosted cranberry and sugarplum to set the seasonal mood.
– Decorate the sink area with a mini Christmas village, complete with tiny houses, trees, and carolers.
– Display festive hand towels embroidered with Christmas trees, reindeer, snowflakes and more .
– Fill a glass bowl or vase with shiny glass bulbs or ornaments near the sink.
– Organize cotton swabs, Q-tips, and makeup brushes in mugs decorated like snowmen, nutcrackers, or Santa.
– Scatter the countertop with holiday potpourri, pinecones, cinnamon sticks, and sprigs of cedar.
– Stick whimsical holiday wall decals around the mirror, like dancing penguins or Santa in a sleigh.
– Drape the shower rod with garlands made of linked candy canes for a sweet touch.
Half Bathroom Christmas Decor Tricks
Here are some tricks for decorating a half bathroom Christmas decor diy:
- Use small-scale decor: Half bathrooms are typically small, so it’s important to choose decor that won’t overwhelm the space. Mini Christmas trees, wreaths, and garlands are all great options.
- Take advantage of vertical space: Hang a wreath or garland on the mirror above the sink, or add a festive shower curtain.
- Add some greenery: Fresh pine branches, holly, or berries can add a touch of nature to your bathroom. If you don’t have access to fresh greenery, artificial greenery can also look nice.
- Use holiday-themed towels and accessories: A set of Christmas-themed hand towels and bath mats is a quick and easy way to add some holiday cheer to your bathroom. You can also add a festive soap dispenser or toothbrush holder.
- Add a scented candle: A pine-scented or cranberry-scented candle can help to create a festive atmosphere in your bathroom.
I hope these creative bathroom Christmas decor ideas have inspired you and sparked your own vision for Christmas bathroom decor! Now let’s wrap up with some common questions:
- How can I decorate my bathroom mirror for Christmas?
– Frame the mirror with Christmas lights or garland. Add ornaments, pinecones or bows.
– Stick on whimsical decals – snowflakes, trees, Santa, etc.
– Lean a small pre-lit tree in the corner of the counter by the mirror.
– Affix red and green ribbon into a plaid pattern around mirror edges.
- What are good smells for a Christmas bathroom?
– Candles or essential oils in pine, balsam fir, cranberry, cinnamon, gingerbread, sugar cookie and other cozy scents.
- Where can I buy unique Christmas bathroom decor?
– Craft stores like Michaels, Joann and Hobby Lobby. Also check Target, World Market, Home Goods.
– Etsy for handmade and custom pieces.
– Thrift stores and garage sales can have great vintage finds.
- How should I decorate a small bathroom for Christmas?
– Focus on door decor like a wreath or garland with ribbon and ornaments.
– Adhere wall decals – look for scaled down snowflakes and winter motifs.
– Opt for a small countertop tree, mini villages, or scaled down decor pieces.
- What are quick Christmas bathroom decorations?
– Festive holiday hand towels
– Scented soaps and candles
– Fluffy bath mat with Christmas colors/patterns
– Mason jars filled with lights and greenery
– Removable wall decals and window clings
There you have it – tons of innovative ideas to deck out your bathroom Christmas decor! From glitzy glam to rustic chic, a winter wonderland to vintage flair, let these Christmas gift inspirations spark your creativity and add festive touches to your holiday season. Just pick a theme that fits your style and get ready to spread some seasonal cheer. Wishing you a beautiful and merry Christmas!